Abdul take a look and let me know ok.
I. READINGS ON RACE AND RACISM IN AMERICA
ATTACHED PDF DOCUMENTS (3):
1) From Individual to Structural Discrimination by Pincus (5 pages)
2) Whiteness as an “Unmarked” Cultural Category by Frankenberg (6 pages)
3) Naughty by Nature by Ferguson (6 1/2 pages)
LINKS TO 5 ADDITIONAL REQUIRED READINGS:
4) Please visit this link to a article to help us understand the concept of “white privilege”:http://alittlemoresauce.com/2014/08/20/what-my-bike-has-taught-me-about-white-privilege/ (5 pages)
5) Please visit this link for an introduction to the idea of “Racism Without Racists”: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferguson-racism-or-racial-bias/index.html (5 pages)
6) Please visit this link for an article to help us understand why “colorblindness” is a problem: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/white-millennials-products-failed-lesson-colorblindness/#.VRYqcVE7zGM.facebook (2 pages)
7) Please visit this link for an article about the recent controversial video that surfaced of members of the University of Oklahoma SAE Fraternity saying a racist chant: http://mic.com/articles/112274/the-side-of-the-oklahoma-frat-story-that-nobody-is-talking-about (2 pages)
8) Please visit this link to either watch or read a brief news story about a Baltimore County teacher who made comments about killing black men spotted walking through his neighborhood (Bowley’s Quarters) on his neighborhood’s FB page last month:http://www.wbaltv.com/news/facebook-comments-raise-concern-in-bowleys-quarters/31741420?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=wbaltv11&Content%20Type=Story&linkId=12844179 (1 page)
9) Please also incorporate references to the video The Angry Eyewith Jane Elliott in your essay.