Through this assignment, a student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO#1) Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to their components, relationships among the components, logic of the propositions, comprehensiveness, and utility to advanced nursing. (PO1)
(CO#3) Communicate the analysis of and proposed strategies for the use of a theory in nursing practice. (PO3, 7, 10)
(CO#4) Demonstrate logical and creative thinking in the analysis and application of a theory to nursing practice. (PO4, 7)
DUE DATE: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 6
TOTAL POINTS POSSIBLE: 275
Description of the Assignment:
One nursing theory will be presented as a framework to resolve a problem occurring within one of the professional areas of leadership, education, informatics, healthcare policy or advance clinical practice. The same nursing theory selected in Assignment One may be used to resolve the identified problem.
A specific nursing theory must be used. No non-nursing or borrowed theories are permitted. A category of nursing theory (grand, middle range, practice) may not be used—only a specific, published nursing theory is to be selected and applied to the issue or concern important to the profession of nursing as documented in the nursing literature.
Please note: Do not rely on .com sites to identify the nursing theory as they do not provide accurate information in all cases.
The introduction for this paper includes:
• General statements on the idea of nursing theory being applied to solve problems/issues in nursing practice. You do not need to go into the specialty area of practice in-depth as this will be covered in another section of the paper.
• A one-paragraph summary of the selected specific nursing theory is required.
• Information identifying the sections of this assignment.
2. Description of Issue or Concern:
The selected issue or concern must be clearly identified as being significant to the professional area of either leadership, education, informatics, healthcare policy or advance clinical practice. The issue or concern must be presented comprehensively, but concisely by answering each of the following questions.
• What is the specific issue or concern being presented?
• Why should the nursing profession care about this issue or concern?
• What does the nursing literature have to say about this issue or concern including its frequency of occurrence?
• Who are the stakeholders or the people affected by the issue or concern?
It is expected that a minimum of 3 (three) nursing scholarly references will be used to present and support the provided answers.
3. Application of Selected Nursing Theory to Issue or Concern:
This section of the assignment focuses on using the selected nursing theory to resolve the described issue or concern. Required information includes:
• Restating the selected nursing theory to be used
• Identification of one strategy useful in resolving the identified issue or concern. The strategy should be presented in depth with the following information being required:
o A specific description of how the selected nursing theory can help to resolve the issue or concern
o A specific and detailed description of the strategy to be used
o A specific and detailed description of how the strategy can be implemented
o A specific and detailed description of one ethical or legal aspect related to the selected strategy
o A specific and detailed description of one suggestion for future research into either the selected nursing theory or selected issue or concern.
It is expected that a minimum of 3 (three) nursing scholarly references will be used to present and
support the provided answers.
This section provides a summary or review of the key elements of the assignment including the selected nursing theory and its application to the issue or concern. In addition, the concluding statements include self-reflection on the new knowledge gained about applying nursing theory to a professional issue or concern.
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)