1. Compare and contrast Chinese scroll (hanging and hand) painting to Japanese woodblock (ukiyo-e) prints.
2. Explore Chinese scroll painting, woodblock printing and zen painting from videos and article below:
- Read Zen painting
3. Answer the following
- Which technique/format do you think requires more skill/craftsmanship on the part of the artist?
- Which best expresses the artist’s vision or intent?
- Do you personally find one style more appealing or beautiful than the other? Cite examples from our textbook in your response.