An Annotated Bibliography organizes your research by way of APA citations and a short paragraph about each source. For this Assignment, you will create an Annotated Bibliography for four sources related to an argument for change. One of the sources should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception related to your topic. Your instructor will provide insightful feedback on the sources you find so you can determine whether to use them in the Unit 8 Assignment, a persuasive research essay.
The following aspects are required for your Annotated Bibliography Assignment:
- Title page in APA manuscript format.
- Your revised thesis statement for an argument for change in your community or workplace.
- Four primary and secondary sources; one source should be a periodical or ebook, preferably from the Library.
- Sources that would be appropriate are as follows:
- Book, ebook, article, or a chapter from book or ebook
- Periodical (e.g., newspaper, magazine, journal article)
- Internet source (e.g., blog, organization website, article from Internet site)
- Video or audio source (e.g., documentary, video blog, TED Talks , podcast)
- A primary source in which the authors of the content are the primary researchers (the ones who conducted research), e.g., a government report, case study, or speech
- At least one source should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception.
- APA citation for each source (this is the information you would normally include on a references page).
- Annotation for each source, which must include each of the following in a full paragraph:
- Brief summary of the source (no direct quotes from the source) and a parenthetical citation after the summary, e.g., (Smith, 2014)
- Evaluation of the source’s credibility, including the author’s credentials and the verifiability of the source’s information; this should include where you found the source Library, Google search engine, government website, etc.)
- Discussion about the source’s usefulness to your argument for change in your community or workplace
- All writing must be in Standard American English.
- Use APA manuscript format throughout the Assignment.
To help you complete this Assignment successfully, please review the resources noted below, including relevant articles from the Writing Center that discuss how to write an annotated bibliography, find/evaluate research, and use APA citations. The previously noted Learning Activities related to evaluating sources will also help in your writing of this Assignment.
- WC: “How to Write an Annotated Bibliography ”
- WC: “Common Citations in APA Format ”
- WC: “Citing Sources Tutorial”
- WC: “Internet-Only Sources”
- WC: “APA Sample Title Page”
Click the following link to access the grading rubric your instructor will use when assessing your Assignment: Unit 6 Assignment Rubric.
Click the following link to see a sample Assignment: Unit 6 Assignment Sample.
Submitting your Unit 6 Assignment:
Remember that you must use Word for this and all Assignments submitted for this class in order to be reviewed and graded by the instructor. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Unit 6 Assignment Dropbox and attach your work.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.