Business Ethics Questions
All answers are to be in typewritten form and not to exceed two paragraphs unless otherwise indicated.
1) Draft a policy concerning the giving and receiving of gifts at a company.
2) Discuss, from both a teleological and deontological perspective, whether there should be any limit on the compensation received by chief executive officers of corporations. (not to exceed one page)
3) Define progressive discipline. Explain why you think that such a system is or is not ethically required by an employer.
4) Define at will employment. Does an employer have an ethical obligation to an employee prior to terminating his/her employment?
5) In no more than two paragraphs, what are the duties of an agent to its principal? In no more than two paragraphs, what are the ethical limitations, if any, on the exercise of these duties?
6) Define insider trading. Discuss whether insider trading is ethical.
7) Define whistleblowing. When is it ethically required to be a whistleblower? (not to exceed three paragraphs)
8) Define the terms patent and copyright. What are the advantages and disadvantages to the public of granting such rights?
9) Define what is referred to as an anti-fraternization policy. Draft a policy regarding employee romance in the work place, addressing the issues which you deem important to include in such a policy. (Not to exceed one page)
10) Define the teleological and deontological approaches to ethical analysis. Define stakeholder theory.