You are working in a group home that takes low- and medium-risk juvenile offenders. The home refuses sex offenders, arsonists, and murderers. Your boss has asked you to research assessment tools to help you weed out the high-risk offenders that are refused. She has asked you to write a report stating how you plan to screen potential residents of your facility to ensure that the correct type of resident is chosen for the highly desired available spots at the group home.
Address the following:
- Research assessment tools to help you determine how you will weed out high-risk offenders.
- Present 2 types of clients that will be accepted by the home.
- State how you plan to screen potential clients of your facility to ensure that the correct types of clients are chosen.
- State what type of assessment the group home will expect the potential resident to complete and at least 2 reasons why this is important.
This assignment is in the form of a report. You should cite sources using APA format, and include a reference section at the end of your submission.
10-12 Slides with Notes
Veteran’s center clients:
- Vary in age from 20 to 85
- Are male and female
- Include those with physical handicaps from different wars
Your manager asks you to put a training presentation together for an all agency staff meeting defining treatment strategies for these different types of clients for the entire staff of therapists, nurses and social workers at the center. Your presentation should include the following:
- At least 1 slide for each of the following topics:
- Mental Disabilities
- Physical Handicaps
- 4-5 bullet points per slide covering the aspects the therapist may need to be sensitive to in treating the individual.