College Comp II – Annotated Bibliography
An Annotated Bibliography organizes your research by way of APA citations and a short paragraph about each source. For this Assignment, you will create an Annotated Bibliography for four sources related to an argument for change. One of the sources should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception related to your topic. Your instructor will provide insightful feedback on the sources you find so you can determine whether to use them in the Unit 8 Assignment, a persuasive research essay.
My argument for change is:
The thesis statement that I chose for the previous discussion is ultimately, despite the extensive coverage of challenges associated with communication technology, the modern society has embraced it so much to the extent that it would rather live with the adversities therein, rather than make an effort to alter the use of such gadgets. The reason for developing solutions towards the use of technological gadgets is based on the effects that they have on the society through reducing the amount of interactions that we make in the real world.
The following aspects are required for your Annotated Bibliography Assignment:
- Title page in APA manuscript format.
- Your revised thesis statement for an argument for change in your community or workplace.
- Four primary and secondary sources; one source should be a periodical or ebook, preferably from the Library.
- Sources that would be appropriate are as follows:
- Book, ebook, article, or a chapter from book or ebook
- Periodical (e.g., newspaper, magazine, journal article)
- Internet source (e.g., blog, organization website, article from Internet site)
- Video or audio source (e.g., documentary, video blog, TED Talks , podcast)
- A primary source in which the authors of the content are the primary researchers (the ones who conducted research), e.g., a government report, case study, or speech
- At least one source should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception.
- APA citation for each source (this is the information you would normally include on a references page).
- Annotation for each source, which must include each of the following in a full paragraph:
- Brief summary of the source (no direct quotes from the source) and a parenthetical citation after the summary, e.g., (Smith, 2014)
- Evaluation of the source’s credibility, including the author’s credentials and the verifiability of the source’s information; this should include where you found the source Library, Google search engine, government website, etc.)
- Discussion about the source’s usefulness to your argument for change in your community or workplace
- All writing must be in Standard American English.
- Use APA manuscript format throughout the Assignment.
To help you complete this Assignment successfully, please review the resources noted below, including relevant articles from the Writing Center that discuss how to write an annotated bibliography, find/evaluate research, and use APA citations. The previously noted Learning Activities related to evaluating sources will also help in your writing of this Assignment.
- WC: “How to Write an Annotated Bibliography ”
- WC: “Common Citations in APA Format ”
- WC: “Citing Sources Tutorial”
- WC: “Internet-Only Sources”
- WC: “APA Sample Title Page”