Develop a 3–4-page plan for building a team. In your plan, explain the reasons for including specific functional areas on the team and describe the characteristics of effective team members. In addition, explain strategies for communication, delegating responsibility, making decisions, and handling conflict, as well as how the success of the team will be measured.
The ability to build and lead high-performing, collaborative teams is a critical skill in any size organization.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Solve business problems using critical and creative thinking.
- Explain the reasons for including specific functional areas in an organizational team.
- Explain strategies for delegating responsibility within a team.
- Explain how the success of a team is measured.
- Competency 4: Explain the skills and characteristics of an effective team.
- Describe the characteristics of effective team members.
- Explain how to effectively communicate team objectives to team members.
- Explain effective methods for building trust and respect among team members.
- Describe strategies for handling conflict between members of a team.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for the field of business.
- Write coherently using correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Use evidence to support a central idea in a consistently appropriate APA format.