Comprehensive Classroom Technology
Section 1: Mission and Vision Statement
Create Mission and Vision Statements.
Section 2: Communications Plan
Write a 500-750-word description with rationale for your Communications Plan for your first year of teaching. Include the following:
1. How you will communicate with all engaged groups in the educational community.
2. How technology can be used to communicate in a classroom setting.
3. How you will address Internet security and safety.
Consider communication and collaboration with students, parents, the community, and the global community. Items you may consider:
1. A class website
2. Emergency contact list
3. Alternative methods of communications
4. Critical communications links
7. Student websites
8. Partnerships with other schools
Section 3: Integrating Instructional Technology
Write a 500-750-word-description with rationale of how technology would be used to facilitate and enhance instruction in your classroom. Include the following:
1. Explain what the possible pros and cons might be in using technology to facilitate learning.
2. Discuss the differences between wired and wireless classrooms.
Section 4: Differentiating Instruction through Technology
Write a 500-750-word description with rationale of how technology would be used to differentiate instruction in your classroom. Consider the following:
1. Explain what the possible pros and cons might be in using technology to differentiate instruction.
2. Should a teacher only use technology to differentiate instruction? Why or why not?
3. What is the impact on student achievement when technology is used to differentiate instruction?
4. What is the importance of student-centered technology in the classroom?
Section 5: Technology to Support Assessment
Write a 500-750-word description with rationale on how you will utilize software to support assessment in the classroom. Consider the following:
1. In what ways can technology facilitate the ongoing effort to assess student learning?
2. What is the difference between formative assessment and summative assessment, and how can technology be used to facilitate both?
3. What are the pros and cons of using technology to assess student learning?
4. Should a teacher only use technology to assess student learning? Why or why not?
5. What is the importance of assessment technology in connection with the ISTE standards?
Write a 500-750-word reflection that summarizes how your comprehensive classroom technology plan can increase productivity and efficiency for both students and teachers.