Consider a potential research study that you are considering for your Signature Assignment. Write a brief paper on what you see as possible ethical considerations that may arise. Respond to the following questions:
- What are your tentative problem, purpose, and research questions? What are all of the data-collection strategies that you might use to answer the questions? Which factors would you consider when deciding which one to use?
- Who would be the target group that you would want to recruit to participate in your study? What ethical issues are associated with collecting data from this group? Are there other groups that could also be considered? Would they pose different or less ethical issues?
- How would you gain access to and permission from this group? Would there be any conflicts of interest?
- Do you plan to provide compensation to participants? What ethical issues might arise if you do?
- How would you ensure confidentiality and mitigate any issues of coercion?
- What data collection methods might you consider? Would they pose any ethical issues? Why or why not? Are there other potential data collection methods that you could use that might pose fewer ethical issues but could still answer your research questions?
Length: 5-7 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards