Correlation and Bivariate Regression
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and media program related to regression and correlation.
- Review Magnusson’s web blog found in the Learning Resources to further your visualization and understanding of correlations between two variables.
- Construct a research question using the General Social Survey dataset, which can be answered by a Pearson correlation and bivariate regression.
By Day 3
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Post your response to the following:
- What is your research question?
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- Explain your results for a lay audience; explain the answer to your research question.
sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the
week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.