For this paper, you will select and curate ten (10) works of art to include in your own Art Museum. Use the text and online sources to help you find these works of art. This assignment is an alternative option for visiting a museum or art gallery.
After researching, answer the following questions by writing a two to three (2-3) page report, (750-800 words) that describes your experience.
- Select ten (10) works of art from at least five (5) artists from different time periods discussed in the text, 18th century to modern times.
- Provide a brief description of each piece and a picture if possible, explaining why you chose each piece.
- Describe where and how you would display each piece, whether individually or grouped together.
- Describe the museum attendees, the admission charges, the advertising programs, and your role as museum founder and curator. Give your museum a name and a location.
- Use at least the class text as a reference (additional sources are fine but not necessary unless required by your content). Your report should include connections you make between things observed in your activity and things learned in the course and text.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the importance of situating a society’s cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context.
- Examine the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the study of world cultures.
- Write clearly and concisely about world cultures using proper writing mechanics.