Throughout your professional career you will need to seek out ways to integrate emerging trends in organizational leadership, principles and processes, and technologies in the field of IT to further the mission/vision of your department or organization. You will read three books, one from each list of publications provided. The lists are organized by topic: organizational leadership, principles and processes, and technologies. When viewed together, the trends found in emerging organizational leadership, principles and processes, and technologies allow an information technology professional the ability to perform analysis of their organizationâ€™s ability to maximize their current technology and their readiness to embrace beneficial and necessary change in the area of current and emerging technology. For this task you will reflect on your own experiences while reading each book you have selected related to corresponding topics. You will then write three critical analyses, one for each book you have selected.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Critical Analysis for Each Topic
Write a critical analysis for each of the three books you have selected related to the corresponding topics.
- Summarize each trend and its impact on society as supported by each publication.
- Summarize risks described in each publication that are associated with each trendâ€™s implementation, including the likelihood, severity, and mitigation strategies for each of the risks identified.
- Describe how each trend applies to the experiences you have had in your academic or professional life.
- Justify how aspects of each trend can be implemented in an organization, using research to support your claims.
- Identify the indicators of successful application of each trend, including any organizational strategies, goals, or key performance indicators (KPIs) that would be positively affected if the trend were successfully implemented in an organization.
- Evaluate the short-term benefit or long-term application, the level of market applicability, and organizational relevance for each trend, providing details from each publication to support your claims.
- Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.