Dr. Jones wants you and your program evaluation committee to look at other examples of program evaluation efforts to learn as a Professional Learning Community. Case studies are intended to foster rich discussions about evaluation practices, touching on the real issues that arise when conducting an evaluation project (Spaulding, 2014, p. xix).
Review this week’s Learning Resources, focusing specifically on the following resources:
- The “Expansion of a High School Science Program” and “Evaluation of a Proven Practice for Reading Achievement”” chapters in the Spaulding text
- Program Evaluation Standards Statements
- Program Evaluation Model 9-Step Process
- Program Evaluation Matrix Template
Post the following to report to Dr. Jones about examples of program evaluation efforts you reviewed and learned from:
My topic is:Providing teachers that teach English Language Learners more professional development courses.
- Compare how data was collected in the “Expansion of High School Science Program” and “Evaluation Proven Practice for Reading Achievement” chapters to your own data collection plans.
- Identify some of the challenges evaluators face when collecting data and information from stakeholders and relate these challenges to your own educational setting.
- Support your conclusions with two or more references to this week’s Learning Resources and/or scholarly sources within the last 5 years beyond the course material.
Spaulding, D. T. (2014). Program evaluation in practice: Core concepts and examples for discussion and analysis (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Chapter 8, “Expansion of a High School Science Program” (pp. 121–128)
- Chapter 9, “Evaluation of a Proven Practice for Reading Achievement” (pp. 129–135