Congratulations! You have received a call from the director of the Multigenerational Center, and he would like you to come in for an interview! In order to be completely prepared for your interview, he has shared with you a list of possible questions they could ask you during the interview. You will choose one question from each of the five big ideas: issues and trends in your field, environments, personal and ethical practices, leadership, and professional development. Respond comprehensively. Therefore, your assignment will consist of a response to five different questions, one from each category, which will prepare you for the interview.
Choose the link to your program to view the correct interview questions to be prepared for your interview,
To prepare for this assignment, explore The Multigenerational Center Clients (Links to an external site.) interactive and review the Interview Prep Worksheet (Links to an external site.) as well as Ashford University’s Career & Alumni Services’ Career Exploration & Planning. (Links to an external site.) You will find many resources including general interview questions and tips on how to follow up after the interview. Use the to help summarize your accomplishments for your employer.
In your seven-paragraph written assignment, you must include the following:
- Include an introductory paragraph with the name of your program, the title of the job you are applying for from the Ashford Multigenerational Job Board (Links to an external site.) and an explanation of why you are the perfect candidate for the job.
- Include an introduction that begins with a succinct thesis statement.
- Include five body paragraphs addressing each of the questions chosen. (The question must be the heading of each paragraph.) Be sure you are addressing each question with critical thought. You want to stand out!
- Defend why the director should choose you for the position in your conclusion.
The Interview Assignment:
- Must be seven paragraphs in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.