EDU812 Grand Canyon Institutional Governance and Ethical Leadership paper
Institutional governance must be ethical. This paper will look at how this ethical governance concept affects a leader, and how the institutional structure has an affect based on the relationship between the leader and the government entities involved: local, state, and federal.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write 1,250-1,500-word paper reviewing ethical governance and how leaders assure ethical procedures are in place within their institution. Include the following in your paper:
- Discussion of institutional governance.
- Discussion of a framework that leaders could implement that integrates ethics into the institutions decision-making processes.
- Ethical issues faced by leaders of higher education institutions.
- Impact of ethics on areas of governance, such as, athletics, recruiting, fundraising.
- Discussion of how ethics impact decisions due to legislation and laws from local, state, and federal bodies.