****PLEASE USE THE STORY FROM ATTACHED PREWORK****
***NEED AT LEAST TWO REFERENCES****
- Describe the core conflict represented in the story.
- Describe the theme of the story.
- Select three literary elements/techniques in the story and describe them. If needed, review the List of Literary Techniques (Links to an external site.).
- Explain how the elements/techniques illustrate the theme and conflict expressed in the story.
- Incorporate quotations and paraphrases found in the story to illustrate the points you make. For help on writing paraphrases and quotations, review the Ashford University Writing Center’s tutorial Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) and the Quoting, Paraphrasing, & Summarizing (Links to an external site.) web page.
Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review the Evaluating Sources (Links to an external site.) tutorial and the Scholarly and Popular Sources (Links to an external site.) video.
By now, you have chosen the short story you will write about for your final essay. As you prepare your Annotated Bibliography this week, you may be wondering what secondary sources are and which ones are appropriate to this assignment.The short answer is: scholarly journal research articles.The longer answer is:You need to locate, read, and annotate two scholarly research articles about your short story (this may include research about specific literary elements, themes, or genres involving your story of choice).
This means several things:
In your chat, ask the librarian to help you start locating a scholarly source for your essay. Note: the librarians are not providing you with sources.
You will need to read the article that the librarians help you search for to be sure it is relevant to the story you are writing about. That is what you will do for the Annotated Bibliography due later this week. The librarians can help you search a source and determine that it is relevant to the assignment. Use what you have learned in your library chat to find your second scholarly article on your own.
Write: In your post, share: