Select a human services research organization, either in your own region or nationwide. Examples of types of organizations could be the Homelessness Research Institute (national)or Research and Training Center on Community (Minneapolis, MN).
Review the organization’s website and any related press releases related to recent research projects. Select one qualitative research project that is of interest to you.
Create an infographic that addresses the following elements:
- What is the organization and what is their mission? Why does this organization conduct research?
- What was the purpose of this particular study? What question was being asked/explored?
- What was the target population that was sampled? How many participants were involved in this study?
- What qualitative methods did the researchers utilize? How were the responses compiled and analyzed?
- What were the major results? How does this information further the knowledge in the field?
The infographic does not require APA in-text citations, but a reference list should be included that provides citation information for the organization and the study. Include at least three scholarly references. The reference sheet must conform to APA Requirements.
If you are not familiar with creating an infographic, there are free programs available online. Please review the tutorials for these programs: Infogr.am (Links to an external site.) and Piktochart (Links to an external site.)