Research the correctional officer codes of ethics to confirm any potential violations, as outlined by the superintendent. Then, address the following in 2 pages:
After completing your review of the case file, explain what you would do under these circumstances.
For this task, you should first explain the role of corrections agencies and then research different codes of ethics related to corrections officers, and base your responses on a particular code of ethics. You can choose from codes of ethics promulgated by different professional associations such as the American Correctional Association, or you can use the code of ethics promulgated by a particular state’s department of corrections.
- What codes of ethics can you identify and how might they apply to this scenario? Explain.
- Would you fire the corrections officer? Why or why not?
- Would you allow him to resign instead of terminating him? Why or why not?
- Is there another course of action that you would consider taking? If so, explain.
- Rationalize the decision you make.
- How much weight, if any, should legitimately be given to his personal problems? Explain.
- To what extent, if any, would your decision be guided by the institution’s subculture? Explain.
- Compile your responses to the above questions into a single Word document that you will submit to your instructor.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.