Hi, Thanks for helping me this time!
Here is the guideline from my professor.
Your assignment here is to familiarize yourself with a recent case involving privacy, freedom of the press, and censorship of content. I am offering a set of articles that will help to fill you in on the situation as it is complex and still evolving:
- The most comprehensive history: Behind Peter Thiel’s Plan To Destroy Gawker
- Peter Thiel’s War on Gawker: A Timeline
- Why Peter Thiel Wants to Topple Gawker and Elect Donald Trump
More history on Gawker:
- These 10 Stories Are Exactly Why We Need Gawker
- Gawker CEO’s final goodbye post: Here Is the Good News
- A seminal Gawker post that explains their journalistic point of view: On Smarm
After digesting all of this information, please write a 450-word response that takes a strong position. Do you side with Peter Thiel and Hulk Hogan’s claims for privacy, or do you think Gawker should be allowed to report the news as they see fit? Explain your position and give evidence.