Please answer the questions below. They do not need to be long – just a paragraph each. It shouldn’t take very long.
1. Explicate Shelley’s poem “Ozymandias.”
2. The motif of poetic inspiration runs through much of Shelley’s poetry. In what similar or different ways is this theme of creativity and personal inspiration expressed in “Hymn to Intellectual Beauty,” “To a Skylark,” and “Ode to the West Wind”?
3. Shelley’s “atheism” pops up in a number of poems, but it might be argued that Shelley is not so much opposed to a divine cosmic force as he is to the man-made religious institutions that interpret that force in ways that are oppressive. In what senses is this true of both “Hymn to Intellectual Beauty” and Prometheus Unbound?
4. In what ways are “Hymn to Intellectual Beauty” and “Mont Blanc” rightly regarded as “sister poems”?
5. Given our lecture on the “elegy,” analyze “Adonais” as representative of the genre.
6. In what ways do the themes in Shelley’s poetry support his philosophy of poetry as expressed in the Defence of Poetry
Attached is what I have done so far. I just wrote some ideas down – hopefully you can revise and/or expand on it. PLEASE submit in a timely manner with quality as there is a strict deadline to this assignment. Much appreciated.