1 “Policing and Problem Solving” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, compare and contrast the two (2) community crime prevention programs you researched from the Crime Solutions.gov website. Justify your response. From the second e-Activity, examine the key contributions that Bertillon, Vollmer, and Locard made to the development of criminal investigation. Determine which of the three (3) had the most significant contribution to the development of criminal investigation. Justify your response using one (1) example from independent research. https://www.crimesolutions.gov/TopicDetails.aspx?I…
2. Personnel Issues and Practices” Please respond to the following:
- Identify the key factors that contribute to the high level of stress experienced by police officers. Suggest one (1) stress management and prevention strategy and examine the fundamental ways in which implementing your strategy will potentially lead to reduced stress. Take a position for or against higher education for police officers. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. “Motivation of Personnel and Practical Reflection”
In this week’s discussion, answer the following questions… What is motivation? What factors must be considered in maximizing productivity? What are the various theories of motivation?Over the past two weeks, you have shared where you want to work and why. This week, take a look at job prospects and outlook. For this week’s discussion research, go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ website, and search for the specific job you are looking to acquire after graduation and discuss salary information, growth potential, and job outlook. Discuss how this compared with your expectations
4. Span of Control and Practical Reflection”
- Supervision is an important part of managing a law enforcement agency. Chapter 8 of the course textbook covers several supervision models used to effectively manage police operations. Span of Control is one of the models examined and it refers to identifying the appropriate number of employees that can be managed by any one supervisor (p. 227). Give your opinion regarding what is the appropriate span of control and explain your rationale. In most cases, careers in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement exist, in some form of another at the Federal, State, and Local/County/City level and often in the private-sector. This week, research your selected position on USAJobs.gov, USCourts.gov(federal) or your state’s employment management system, local municipality’s employment management system, and Indeed.com (private-sector), and discuss the similarities and differences (example: salary, jurisdiction, scope of work, required skill and education, and promotion potential).
5. North, South and West” Please respond to the following:in a minimum of 200 words (Note: Please make a substantive comment to one (1) of your classmates.) NO OUTSIDE SOURCES
- First: From the scenario, the text book, lectures and the American History Museum only, describe the response of the white population and policy makers to the increased immigration of Chinese; to the Native Americans resistance to removal from their land; to African American’s quest for economic opportunity in the New South economy and competition with white small shop owners . Provide at least two (2) reasons why white politicians saw other minority groups as a threat and acted to limit their freedoms. Provide evidence by referencing the sources for your response. Second: Describe the goals of three civil rights leaders, Booker T. Washington, W. E. B. Dubois, and Ida Wells on American civil rights for African Americans. How were their approaches different from each other? Were they successful, why or why not, provide evidence by referencing the sources for your response?
6. World War I” Please respond to the following: (Note: Please respond to the following two  bulleted items in a primary posting of at least 250 words.Include in your post/comment the text book, the on line lecture and the American History Museum: NO OUTSIDE SOURCES! In addition, please make a substantive comment to one  of your classmates.)
- Examine the forces at home that kept the US out of World War I for two years after the conflict began in Europe in 1914. How did the results in the aftermath of the Spanish American War contribute to the both the uneasiness of the US entering the war and an “itch” to become a world power? Explain the final decision for the United States entering World War I in Europe. Discuss whether or not you believe these reasons warranted going to war. Provide evidence for your response from the readings.
7. “War and Peace” Please respond to the following:
- Based on the lecture and Webtext materials, address the following: Discuss substantive ways in which armed conflict can contribute to or distract a developing economy and infrastructure. Analyze specific reasons why developed nations do not experience the same kinds of social upheaval. Note: Consider discussing a country you will use for Assignment 1 next week.
8. Institutions” Please respond to the following:
- Based on the lecture and Webtext materials, address the following:
- Every country in the world is constructed around the same set of institutional frameworks that differ only in how governments manage them. Identify the specific components of an institution. Next, use two (2) examples of institutions —such as a financial system, a judicial system, or the armed forces — to illustrate what developing countries overall have done to weaken or strengthen such institutions.