1.Thomas Friedman is one of the most well-known and widely read commentators on globalization. Yet his ideas are not without their critics, particularly within the academic world. No one better reflects what Professor Sparke calls the three “myths of globalization” than Friedman. View the two videos and two short critiques and post a reflection on Friedman’s ideas.
In particular, consider some of the following questions:
- What is the appeal of Friedman’s views?
- What are the shortcomings of Friedman’s arguments?
- Whose point of view does Friedman privilege?
- Whose voice is left out of Friedman’s narrative about globalization?
Your initial post should be 200-300 words.
2. Read 2 postings, and respond substantively to them.(one paragraph each)