In the previous weeks, you selected a business process or procedure to develop a procedures manual and supporting materials. In Week 1, you researched different formats and selected the most appropriate one for creating the procedures manual. You then developed the outline using the selected format. In Week 2, you developed a proposal to gain backing for developing the procedures manual. You also developed a brochure to highlight the important aspects of the procedures manual. In Week 3, you developed the procedures manual and filled in all of the sections that were outlined in Week 1. In Week 4, you created the abstract and a section for an experienced user, a “Quick Reference.”
In the final week, you will revise the procedures manual draft document based on feedback from your instructor and peers. In this final assignment, you will also create the training presentation slides summarizing material in the procedures manual, and you will make an oral recording. The following section describes tools and procedures you can use to complete this part of the assignment.
Tools for Your Presentation
Proceed with one of the options in the table below to create your MP3 file of your audio presentation.
(Note that the Sound Recorder may already be on your computer. All Windows systems loaded in the last 15 years already should have this simple piece of software. Look in your programs. On many systems, it is located under All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder.)
The following table contains different programs that can be used to create an MP3 audio file, as well as links to download the programs and instructions for using them:
|Mac||Ease of Use|
|Free Sound Recorder 2010||Not Available||Very Easy|
|RecordPad (14-Day Trial)*||Download instructions/
|Download instructions/ User instructions||Difficult|
*Note: If you intend to use this program, do not download it until you are ready to complete your assignment.
Complete the following steps for this assignment after recording your presentation:
- Save the PowerPoint presentation section called “Procedures Manual Training.”
- Update the procedures manual title page with the new date and the project name.
- Update previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.
- Name the document “yourname_ITDI373_IP5.doc.”
- Submit the final procedures manual document for grading.
The overall project deliverables are:
Procedures manual document shell (in MS Word format)
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Your name
- Table of contents (autogenerated)
- This should be on a separate page
- This should be a maximum of 3 levels deep
- Fields should be updated so that the TOC it is up-to-date before submitting your project
- Section headings
- Project Outline
- Procedures Manual Outline
- Procedures Manual Proposal
- Procedures Manual Brochure
- Procedures Manual Preparation Plan
- Procedures Manual
- Procedures Manual: Quick Reference
- Procedures Manual Training (PowerPoint Deck)
Please submit your assignment.