Areas from which to choose your topic :
These topics are taken from Weaver, p.95. Choose one of the three. You are responsible for finding and reading any related articles in the text. You must then reflect and focus your topic to a main idea that you can develop in three pages. It helps to think out a question that you will respond to in your essay.
- Theology in dialogue with the physical, biological or social sciences
Plan your essay around a strong thesis sentence that guides the reader though the coherent and logical development of your topic. A good argument paper takes a position but also shows awareness of other points of view. Avoid simple summary or disconnected fragments. Make each paragraph develop your main point. Include supporting details, references to relevant texts, logical thinking. Avoid sweeping generalizations.
- Although the assignment does not emphasize research. it does require careful reading of relevant texts. Paragraph by paragraph, supported your ideas by references and examples. If you choose a scriptural topic, be sure your Bible has good footnotes. Consult a commentary in the reference section of the library.
- INTERNET SOURCES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR THIS PAPER. Sources must be properly cited using MLA guidelines. In general, you should avoid long direct quotes. If you must use one, follow MLA guidelines.
- Revise your paper to see that the writing is fluid and expresses your ideas clearly. It helps to keep your audience in mind. Many find it helpful to read their sentences aloud and also review a hard copy.
- Papers should be about three pages, double spaced.
Please choose simple words and sentence structure because I am international student and English is not my first language. Also, This assignment is Christian theology, however, I am not Christian. Therefore, when you write please write explanation and examples that applies to non- Christian.