Do research on Phillip Morris (Marlboro). Now focus your research on this company’s promotion and communications strategy. Find out as much as you can about the company’s promotion mix.
Before starting on your paper make sure you are familiar with the five main aspects of the promotion mix – advertising, public relations, personal selling, sales promotion, and direct marketing. Review all of the background materials regarding these five aspects. When you have finished researching your company’s promotion strategies and thoroughly reviewed the main promotion strategies covered in the background readings, write a two to three page paper addressing the following questions:
- What kind of advertising campaigns is this company currently engaged in? What kind of media do they advertise in, for example television, the internet, etc.?
- What kind of public relations efforts does this company engage in?
- Does this company ever use sales promotions such as coupons, giving away free samples, etc.?
- Does this company use personal selling at all? If so, did you ever deal with one of this company’s salespersons when you purchased their product?
- Does this company use direct marketing? For example, do they send out emails to customers? Or use telemarketing?
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.